Media Release 28 October 2022
The Abortion Services organisation has just released its report on abortion in NZ for the preceeding year in which 13,257 of our children were killed in their mother’s wombs. The number killed was up slightly from the 13,246 killed in 2020.
Abortion Services stated that key achievments included;
- Meeting Te Tiriti o Waitangi obligations and improving equity and access. (Right to life has to ask what providing abortion services has to do with the Treaty of Waitangi?)
- Implementation of the national abortion telehealth service DECIDE. (Right to Life asks whether New Zealanders are really happy with abortion pills approved by telehealth service are really in the best interest of women and their unborn?)
- Development of first trimester abortion training. (Training medical staff how to kill our unborn in the first trimester of pregnancy).
- Development of the new Standard for Abortion Counselling. (More about this in due course).
- Implementation of the Information Collection Regulations.
- Implementation of the Safe Areas application process. (a.k.a abortion mills applying to Abortion Services to ensure protests against abortion within 150 metres of the mill are banned).
- Changes to improve access to abortion medicines in the community. (a.k.a, easier access to medicines that will kill unborn children at home).
Our government and the bureaucracy that enables it to do its work may continue to expand the killing fields, but Right to Life will continue to fight for our unborn and vulnerable.
Right to Life New Zealand Inc.