Those who promote abortion today share the same philosophy as those who supported the ownership of slaves in the United States in the nineteenth century. Everyone who supported slavery was free, everyone who supports abortion is born. Slavery tore American society apart and ended with a civil war. Likewise abortion is a burden on the conscience of this nation. It will only be healed with the abolition of abortion.
- Slave owners claimed that Negroes were not human beings and had no human rights. Abortion supporters claim that unborn children are not human beings and do not have a right to life.
- Slave owners claimed that they had a human right to own slaves. Supporters of abortion claim that abortion is a human right.
- Slave owners claimed that slaves were “property and that they could do with them as they wished.” Abortion advocates claim that unborn children are the property of the mother and that it is her choice whether she has a live baby or a dead baby.
- Slave owners claimed that they had a human right to choose to own slaves. Abortion supporters claim that they have a human right to choose abortion.
- Slave owners claimed that owning slaves was for the good of the slaves as they were fed and clothed. Abortion promoters claim that killing a child in the womb is a kindness; it is unkind to bring a child into the world who is “unwanted” or who has a disability.
Both slavery and abortion are intrinsically evil; they are an abomination and represent the tyranny of the strong over the weak. Everyone who supported slavery was free; everyone who supports abortion is born.