Right to Life is urgently requests supporters to make a submission on the government’s Conversion Practices Prohibition Legislation Bill.
This matter is urgent now with submissions closing in four days on Wed September 8th 2021. Why are we so concerned? You are no doubt aware that the current government has gone about making sweeping changes to the foundational laws that uphold that preserve a civil society. The speed of change has been rapid with major changes to our Abortion and Euthanasia laws, which directly concern our core mission values. However other changes are just as significant and the above very dangerous bill, if passed into law is going to result in changes such as parents being criminalised for bringing up children in the way they best see fit. We are increasingly seeing the State usurping the role of parents and frankly bullying them into surrendering time held rights. Unless people like you speak up loudly now……
In this regard we are here posting information from Family First to assist you in making this submission.
Thank you to the literally thousands of you that have already made a submission. If you haven’t yet, please consider speaking up.
And with the lockdown, you now have time ?
FOUR EASY STEPS
1. Take time to understand the issue. Spend some time reading the testimonies and the background info on our website freetolive.nz. Talk to friends and family. Pray.
2. Write what you want to say to the Select Committee considering this bill, clearly stating that you oppose the bill. Write as little or as much as you want, sharing your personal views.
3. Go to the online submission form here. Your personal information will not be published if you use the online process – just your name. If you upload a Word doc or PDF, don’t put any personal info on it.
4. Press the SUBMIT button. Done! That was easy.
SOME THINGS TO REMEMBER WHEN PREPARING YOUR SUBMISSION
Unlike the supporters of this bill, we’re deliberately not providing a template for submissions. From previous experience on other bills, the Select Committee will simply lump those together. So it’s vital that you write your own words and views on this issue.
However, to get you started….
The key concerns around this bill are the potential criminalisation of:
• Parents who affirm the biology of their children and oppose gender ideology
• Consent and the right to self-determination, freedom of religious expression
• Counsellors, carers & teachers who offer support to those who request it
• Places of worship, prayer & pastoral support, and possibly faith-based schools who teach and explain their religion’s core values & beliefs
We would encourage you to say YES to doing an oral submission.