Media Release 19 June 2022
Why does the N.Z. government, which condemns chemical warfare, allow and engage in chemical warfare against our own women and children? In 2020 there were 13,246 abortions reported in New Zealand, 45% were chemical abortions, this is government funded chemical warfare. Chemical abortions are an instrument of mass destruction, which victimises mothers and kills their unborn.
Right to Life believes that the New Zealand government, by conducting chemical warfare against the unborn, is violating the United Nations 1993 Chemical Weapons Convention. The Convention (CWC) prohibits the development, production, stockpiling and use of chemical weapons and requires the destruction of both chemical weapons production facilities and the weapons themselves.
Our Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern openly condemns chemical warfare.
In September 2018 she stated, “New Zealand condemns any use of chemical weapons, whether it is in Syria or on the streets of the UK. New Zealand believes all states must adhere to obligations under international law, including in respect of chemical weapons.”
Why then does the Prime Minister and her government condone, promote and fund chemical warfare against our own children?
The government has increased its war against women and the unborn by contracting out to private enterprise the killing of unwanted children. The government has contracted with the pro-abortion NZ Family Planning Association and the Magma Healthcare Ltd to run its DECIDE service, the national abortion telehealth service which will enable women to request the killing of their unborn child by just ringing an 0800 number.
DECIDE will connect people from July 2022 anywhere in the country to abortion information, advice, and counselling over the phone. In November the providers will commence sending the lethal drugs to women by post or courier.
The abortion industry is a multi-million dollar industry and the government is prepared to fund Family Planning and Magma for every unborn child poisoned with Mifepristone RU 486.
Medical abortions further victimise women:-
- By trivialising the killing of the unborn.
- By violating informed consent by refusing to give the woman any information on the process of reversing the abortion process with high doses of progesterone after the taking of Mifepristone, should she regret her decision and choose life for her child.
- By imposing an incredible psychological burden on women. She has to accept full responsibility for the killing of her child for it is the woman who takes the lethal drug to kill her child.
- By abandoning women to take the lethal drugs in her own home without medical support.
- By failing to ensure that the woman is not subject to coercion, violence or threats of desertion.
- By leaving the woman to dispose of the remains of her child. This is an appalling psychological trauma for women.
The government is promoting chemical warfare against women and their precious unborn in the face of increasing opposition from doctors to be involved in surgical abortions, which entail the violent dismemberment of the child. Medical abortions do not require a doctor and can now be provided by nurse practitioners and midwives.
Right to Life New Zealand Inc