Media Release 23 June 2021
Right to Life believes that the hidden objective of the Safe Areas Amendment Bill of Louisa Wall is not to protect women but to protect abortion, the violent killing of the unborn and the war against women.
Women who seek an abortion are victims of the culture of death who have been denied the love and support that they deserve and desperately need. These women are not free, they are in chains imposed by the culture of death, as they are told that they have no choice but to accept the destruction of their child.
It is a culture that brooks no interference, does not compromise and that demands their complete subjection.
Every woman who courageously changes her mind and chooses life for her child is a defeat for the culture of death.
Right to Life believes that Louisa Wall is not so concerned about the welfare of women with child, what she is more concerned with is the efficient running of the abortion industry.
The bill seeks to achieve this objective by prohibiting the presence within 150 metres of any person praying, who would pose a threat to the planned legal execution of an unwanted unborn child. Their presence would be a criminal offence subject to arrest without a warrant. Those accused of this crime would be arraigned in the District Court and subject to a fine of up to $1,000.
- It upholds the charade that the killing of the unborn child is “health care” and that the killing centre is a safe place for women.
- It refuses to call abortion violence against the unborn, the weakest and most defenceless members of our human family, evil and a crime against humanity.
- It calls the woman seeking an abortion the ”protected person” when in fact she is the victim on whom the violence of abortion is to be inflicted.
- That the abortion killing centre is a safe place for women.
- That she needs protecting from those who are praying for her and her child and who would offer love and assistance to her to choose life for her child.
- That the killing of her child is a private matter and of no concern to anyone else.
- This bill pretends to express abhorrence of intimidation and harassment of women seeking an abortion when, if passed, it’s application may result in intimidation and harassment of law-abiding people, preventing them from exercising their rights of free speech, assembly, communication and religion.
The reality is that abortion is not health care, and that the abortion clinic, a killing centre, is not a safe place for either her or her child.
We have a duty to rescue those who are being dragged to their death, tarry not to come to their aid.
Right to Life