The 40 Days for Life prayer vigil begins in Chistchurch on 6th March and runs through to 14th April. The vigil is involves peaceful prayer in Hagley Park opposite the Christchurch Women’s Hospital, where unborn children are losing their lives every day. Right to Life is encouaging anyone who wished to help save the lives of unborn children to get involved by signing up for vigil hours. Even taking a single one-off one hour prayer slot over the entire 40 days could help save a life.
40 Days for Life is a peaceful and powerful prayer initiative that has been running for several years in 7 countries across more than 741 cities and is known to have saved 15,256 lives saved, 186 abortion workers converted and 99 abortion centres closed over the 23 previous campaigns. Through prayer and fasting, community outreach and peaceful vigil, we might help to bring about an end to the tragedy of abortion and offer hope to the abortion vulnerable.
How can I participate?
If you are interested in being a part of 40 Days for Life, then we’d like to hear from you! Here’s how you can help:
- Sign up to pray during the vigil at for the Christchurch vigil site;
- Invite and encourage friends, family members, and parishioners/your church community to participate;
- Distribute flyers;
- Speak at your church, parish or faith-based group about 40 Days for Life and invite participation;
- Encourage your church or group to adopt a day during the vigil and be responsible for filling the hours;
- Learn how to talk to mothers, fathers, abortion facility staff and the public in truth and love;
- Provide feedback on your past experience of 40 Days for Life.
Time spent outside the abortion facility can be for as little or as long as you are able to sacrifice. We also invite those who are house-bound or outside of Christchurch to pray in solidarity with the other faithful who are praying at the the vigil sites. 40 Days for Life is open to all people of faith. We encourage all Christian Churches, youth groups, parishes and organisations to sign up for one or two hours at a time, or commit to filling the hours for a half a day or even a full day! Through God all things are possible!Please consider participating in the upcoming Christchurch 40 Days for Life vigil.
Together, let us rise up in prayer and fasting and pray for an end to abortion in New Zealand!
You may prefer to sign up using the official 40 Days for Life Android App which can be installed on your phone or computer by clicking on the above link which opens in Google Playstore.
For more information contact