Media Release 29th October 2022
The Prime Minister, Jacinda Ardern, was the enthusiastic architect of the Abortion Legislation Act 2020, that allows the killing of the unborn up to birth.
Killing innocent and defenceless children in the sanctuary of their mother’s womb is no longer a crime, it is a health service. The government upholds the legal fiction that the unborn child is not a human being and does not become a human being until it is born.
The Acting Director General of Health, Dr Diana Sarfati, who presides over the abortion industry in New Zealand was pleased to provide her first annual report on the state funded killing of our unwanted children. She stated in the forward to her report:-
“It is my pleasure to present the Abortion Services Aotearoa New Zealand: Annual Report for 2022.
I would like to acknowledge the many people working across the abortion services sector. Thank you for your dedication, expertise, and care.
It is incredibly humbling to see the important work providers and the teams within Manat? Hauora (the Ministry of Health) are undertaking.
We’ve seen real positive changes for abortion care over the past year. Improvements and innovations have resulted in a better care pathway and increased access in more locations.”
Right to Life respectfully asks Dr Sarfati, how can you derive pleasure in reporting on the violent killing of 13,257 unborn New Zealand children and this violence against your fellow women? How can you commend your colleagues who support you in facilitating the killing of the innocent? You have a sacred duty to protect the lives of every member of our community from conception to natural death. Why should we trust you to protect our lives when you refuse to protect the lives of the weakest and most defenceless members of our human family?
The Ministry of Health, which presides over the abortion industry in New Zealand, has released the statistics for the number of children killed by the State in 2021. The total number of children killed was 13,257, eleven more than the 13,246 killed in 2020.
New Zealand abolished the death penalty for rapists and murderers in 1961. We have retained capital punishment for the unborn for the crime of being unwanted. This is a violation of human rights and a crime against humanity. The killing of the innocent and defenceless unborn is supported by the Labour government. It also has the support of the National Party, ACT, the Greens and the Maori Party.
The government funded killing of the unborn is also supported by the media and by the silence of the majority of Churches, who should be at the forefront in defending the life of God’s precious infants. Why is there a deafening silence?
Some of the Statistics reported on are;
- 13,257 abortions were performed in New Zealand in 2021, up from 13,246 in 2020.
- There were 1,470 babies killed in Canterbury in 2021, 142 less than the 1,612 killed in 2020
- 18.% of known pregnancies ended in an abortion in 2021. That is nearly one pregnancy in five ending with abortion.
- A third of abortions were repeat abortions.
- 43.8% of abortions, up 5% in 2021, were early medical abortions, performed up to 10 weeks gestation. 53.5% , up 5% , were surgical abortions.
- 64% of women who had abortions in 2021 were not using contraception at the time of conception
- 24.7% of all abortions were for those identifying as M?ori in 2021,18% were for Pacific peoples, 20% were Asian and 48% were European.
- Right to Life is delighted to learn that 18 abortion providers reported that more than 300 women changed their decision to have their child killed and chose life. Right to Life applauds these noble and courageous women.
Right to Life grieves with those women who have lost their precious child through abortion. They and their child deserved better than abortion. We also grieve with those fathers who were unable to save their child from being killed. Right to Life also commends those courageous women who chose life for their child in 2021.
The abortion industry poisons, suctions unborn children from the womb and violently dismembers an estimated 36 unborn children each day. Children may now be killed up to 20 weeks gestation for any reason and up to birth if a doctor considers it “appropriate”.
Right to Life is committed to work with the pro -life movement to work for the repeal of the Abortion Legislation Act 2020 and for legislation that recognises the unborn child as a human being endowed by its Creator with an inalienable right to life.
Right to Life NZ Inc.