Media Release 15 May 2021
Information released by the Ministry of Health to Right to Life under the Official Information Act reveal that in 2020 there were 5,349 medical abortions, which is an increase of 47.93 % over the 3,617 medical abortions performed in 2019. Surgical abortions fell in 2020 to 7,861 from 9,262 in 2019.
Right to Life deplores the increase in the killing of the unborn with the lethal murder pill Mifepristone, RU 486 and the prostaglandin Misoprostol. Its campaign of chemical warfare is very effective, as Mifepristone cruelly deprives the developing human being of nourishment resulting in the child dying of starvation.
The government is encouraging the early killing of “unwanted children” up to nine weeks gestation and is concerned that some District Health Boards are not providing this health service which should be more available following the Abortion Legislation Act designed and promoted by the Prime Minister, Jacinda Ardern.
Medical abortions further victimise women:-
· By trivialising the killing of the unborn.
· Violating informed consent by refusing to give the woman any information on the process of reversing the abortion process with high doses of progesterone after the taking of Mifepristone should she regret her decision and choose life for her child..
· By imposing an incredible psychological burden on women. She has to accept full responsibility for the killing of her child for it is the woman who takes the lethal drug to kill her child.
· It abandons women to take the lethal drugs in her own home without medical support.
· It fails to ensure that the woman is not subject to coercion, violence or threats of desertion.
· It leaves the woman to dispose of the remains of her child.
The Prime Minister is commended for condemning chemical warfare. In September 2018 she stated, “New Zealand condemns any use of chemical weapons, whether it is in Syria or on the streets of the UK. New Zealand believes all states must adhere to obligations under international law, including in respect of chemical weapons.”
Right to Life believes that It is inconsistent for the Prime Minister to denounce this crime against humanity while at the same time giving approval for the use of weapons of mass destruction in chemical warfare in New Zealand in a bloody civil war against our own children.
The government is desperately promoting chemical warfare against women and their precious unborn in the face of increasing opposition from doctors to be involved in surgical abortions that entail the violent dismemberment of the child. Medical abortions do not require a doctor and can now be done by nurse practitioners and midwives
Right to Life asks, “Why is the government victimising women and endangering their health by subjecting them to chemical warfare and requiring them to kill their child in their own home?
” Pregnancy is not a disease and medical abortion is not health care.
Right to Life