Media Release 10 October 2021
National Day of Prayer for Deliverance from Pandemic
Right to Life believes that the Prime Minister, Jacinda Ardern should declare Sunday 17th October a national day of prayer seeking God’s deliverance of our community from the continuing ravages of the Covid-19 pandemic.
The government has declared Saturday 16th October as a national day of action for vaccination, it would be very fitting to make the following day a national day of prayer.
Our New Zealand Parliament, at each sitting day, recites a prayer to God, acknowledging our dependence on Him, seeking His blessing on their work and pledging to work for His honour and glory. It is therefore disappointing that while the Prime Minister has repeatedly requested that people trust her in dealing with the pandemic, but not once has she conceded that the government needs God’s help, nor has she requested that the community pray to God for His merciful guidance and intervention.
The government has done everything in its power to eliminate the Covid-19 virus and to protect our community. New Zealand is facing an increasing public health crisis. Many believe that the pandemic is demonic, that the Coronavirus is man-made and that the pandemic was planned. We desperately need God’s intervention to stop the pandemic.
We also need to pray that God:-
· Will show compassion on our suffering human family as it deals with the tragic death of over 4.55 million human beings, who are victims of Covid -19.
· Will heal those who are sick, support and protect their families and friends from being infected.
· Will grant us His spirit of love and self-discipline so that we may come together, working to control and eliminate the coronavirus.
· Will strengthen and encourage those in public health services and in the medical profession: care-givers, nurses, attendants, doctors, all who commit themselves to caring for the sick and their families.
· Sustain all workers and business owners who suffer loss of livelihood due to shut-downs, quarantines, closed borders, and other restrictions.
· Guide the leaders of the nations that they speak the truth, halt the spread of misinformation and act with justice so that all your family may know healing.
· Heal our world, heal our bodies, strengthen our hearts and our minds, and in the midst of turmoil, give us hope and peace.
· Remember all your family, the entire human race, and all your creation, in your love, in this, our time of pain and suffering.
We affirm and recognize that our God, has been and will continue to be present with us throughout this COVID-19 pandemic. Without prayer and God’s intervention this pandemic may well bring us to our knees.
Right to Life