Media Release 16 September 2021
Right to Life is concerned that the Prime Minister is threatening our community to make it a legal offence for an unvaccinated worshipper to enter a church and join a congregation to worship God.
The Prime Minister, on Radio NZ on 9th September warned, “If you are a faith leader who wants your congregation to continue to be able to worship together you can help support and enable that to happen by getting your congregation to be vaccinated as well”.
This is a blatant attempt to coerce members of faith communities to submit to vaccination with the experimental gene serum, with the long term adverse reactions unknown, due to long term studies having not been conducted, in order to be allowed to continue as a congregation.
Freedom of religion is a human right upheld by the UN Declaration of Human Rights, Article 18 Everyone has the right of freedom of thought, conscience and religion.
Also the UN Declaration on the Elimination of all Forms of Intolerance and Discrimination Based on Religion or Belief.
The NZ Bill of Rights, section 13 Freedom of thought, conscience, and religion also upholds our right of freedom of religion.
Right to Life believes that every member of a faith community has an inalienable right to join with others in giving praise and worship to our Creator.
- The government has a duty to protect our right to freedom of worship.
- It would be a serious violation of human rights for the state to require that those wishing to worship their Creator with a congregation must first be vaccinated and receive a vacation passport before being given permission from the government to enter a church.
- This is potentially tyrannical and is the action expected from a police state.
- This is discrimination, inequality and coercion against religious communities.
- The state could then have a record of every person who was a member of a faith community.
Is the government intending to follow the example of the Chinese Communist Party and require that every believer, who would be seen as a potential threat to the state, be registered with the state?
Right to Life believes that the community should awake to this pending darkness and vigorously oppose this proposal, while we are still free to do so, of the totalitarian control of what we think, what we say, where we go and where we may worship.
Right to Life also believes that we should heed the warning of former Pfizer Vice President and Chief Science Officer Dr. Michael Yeadon who in 2020 issued a dire warning to the world regarding vaccination programs and related political measures, arguing that it is likely designed to bring about “utterly totalitarian control of the entire population forever.”
Right to Life