Media Release 16 April 2021
Right to Life is opposed to the killing of unborn children. Abortion is an intrinsic evil, a violation of the human rights of the unborn child and a crime against humanity. It is an appalling injustice when the government of the Prime Minister, Jacinda Ardern, imposes on our dedicated health professionals employed by District Health Boards, who see the unborn child as a patient deserving of respect and protection a duty to kill their unborn patients under the guise that it is a core health service.
It is even more appalling when Health Boards are directed by government to contract out the killing of our unborn to private enterprise. The killing of children then becomes a business enterprise with the success of the business dependant on the number of children killed in the womb. It is a million dollar industry that Right to Life believes is potentially worth nearly $4 million in the Auckland region.
Right to Life believes that this business model will be detrimental to women and to their unborn. Why is the government prepared to pay to have our children killed?
NZ Family Planning Association have previously stated that they would like to modify their 30 clinics into abortion centres. NZ Family Planning is an affiliate of the International Planned Parenthood Federation that promotes the killing of the unborn worldwide performing over one million abortions annually.
The 3 Auckland District Health Boards, Counties Manukau, Waitemata and Auckland, in compliance with government policy, have recently invited tenders from suitably qualified medical practitioners to provide:-
· Medical abortions up to 9 weeks with RU 486 Mifepristone which is a lethal drug used to kill the unborn child by starvation. Right to Life considers this to be chemical warfare against innocent and defenceless children. Today this is called” health care.”
· Surgical abortions up to 14 weeks. This is a violent and painful dismemberment of the child with its arms and legs being torn from the child. This is also called “health care.”
· A non-judgemental service integrated with other women’s health services to reduce the stigma associated with accessing an abortion.
· A one day service inclusive of scanning, tests, counselling and abortion and the provision of long acting post abortion contraception services
· The Health Boards claim that they seek increased access and equity for this “health service.”
· Services in “an economically deprived community and/or [are] linked to one such as through transport hubs. Does the government seek to reduce poverty by killing the children of the poor?
Pregnant mothers in their hour of need, facing an unplanned or difficult pregnancy should be offered love and compassion and life-affirming options. We don’t help mothers by killing their children. It is a bankrupt society that offers abortion to women.
Right to Life believes the emphasis on access to abortion for Maori and Pacific women is discriminatory. We don’t help these young women by encouraging them to kill their children before they are born.
It is not yet known how much the government is prepared to pay for the killing of unborn children in Auckland, however the Whanganui, Mid Central and the Southern DHBs already have contracts with Magma Health Care Ltd to kill children before birth. The fees paid to the contracting company led by Dr Simon Snook for each child killed are:-
Surgical abortion 1st and 2nd trimester $950.
Medical abortion $950.
General Medical First Attendance $250.
Right to Life believes that contracting the killing of the unborn to private entrepreneurs is a threat to the lives of women and their precious unborn. Babies will be killed for profit. The profitability of the contractor’s business will depend on the number of babies killed. Every person from the receptionist, the counsellor to the abortionist would be focused on the killing of the unborn. A counsellor who does not succeed in having women agreeing to an abortion would have little future as a counsellor.
Right to Life asks the government that is committed to kindness, why are you making war against our women and their precious unborn? Please stop calling abortion health care.
Right to Life