Media Release 20 February 2021
Right to Life believes that the government is now ready to purge the medical profession of practitioners who do not accept the killing of the unborn and the vulnerable in society as a health service.
This is a secular utilitarian quality of life ethic that rejects the dignity of humans made in the image and likeness of God and endowed by our Creator at conception with an inalienable right to life.
There is no place in the medical profession for those who do not accept and are prepared to participate in the killing of the unborn as a “reproductive health choice for women.” There is also no place for those who refuse to implement the End of Life Choice Act that permits a doctor to kill a patient with a lethal injection or assist in their suicide. These are now health services and those professionals who wish to uphold the sanctity of life ethic and are not prepared to subject their conscience to the state will be hounded out of their profession.
Right to Life believes that the government of Jacinda Ardern is at the forefront in promoting a culture of death. This culture brooks no interference, will not compromise and demands complete submission.
The Director General of Health, Dr Ashley Bloomfield has already expressed concern at doctors and midwives employed by District Health Boards refusing to being involved in killing the unborn. This is frustrating the government’s agenda to make abortion more equitable and accessible.
This will not be tolerated by the government, and Dr Bloomfield has reminded health practitioners that the Abortion Legislation Act makes provision to address these employment issues.
Right to Life believes that the Labour government’s secret agenda is:-
- To encourage all doctors, midwives and nurse practitioners to support and facilitate within their scope of practice the killing of the unborn up to birth.
- District Health Boards and other employers have legal authority to remove or dismiss a current employee who is disrupting abortion services. They may also refuse to employ a prospective employee who they believe may disrupt abortion services.
- Eliminate legislative provisions protecting conscience rights that uphold the sanctity of life ethic that recognises the right to life of every human being from conception to natural death.
- Make it a condition of entry to medical school that you would be prepared to kill an unborn child, accept that killing the unborn child up to birth is not a crime, that the unborn is not a human being and has no right to life until it is born.
- Also make it a condition of entry to medical school that you would be prepared to kill a patient with a lethal injection or assist in their suicide.
- Make it a condition of entry to midwifery training that you would be prepared to prescribe lethal drugs to kill an unborn child.
- Make it a condition of entry to nursing training that you would assist in the killing of the unborn child up to birth.
- Make it a condition of entry to pharmacy training that you would be prepared to fill prescriptions for lethal drugs for the purpose of killing the unborn and the vulnerable.
The culture of death demands that the medical profession and other allied professions be purged of those who are going to oppose the killing of the vulnerable, and their removal is imperative if these professionals are not prepared to be the subservient agents of the state.
We have a duty to our community, to our family, to oppose this rampant destructive culture of death, posing as health services. For the triumph of evil all that is necessary is that good men and women do nothing.
Right to Life