Hello Friends of Life,
URGENT URGENT URGENT
Many of us have been shocked by the release of the details of the Labour Government’s Abortion Law Bill. This radical and extreme bill if passed would make it one of the most liberal in the world. This bill is going to go up for it’s first reading this coming Thursday 8th August – That’s tomorrow.
PLEASE SHARE THIS WITH AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE EITHER BY EMAIL OR SOCIAL MEDIA
It is imperative that if this bill is to be stopped and our innocent unborn are to retain any protection, that as many people as possible contact their MP’s right now. There is no time to wait. None.
We humbly ask that you take a few minutes of your time and contact as may MP’s as possible especially your own MP. Their email addresses are given below. All you have to do is click on the name and the link will open in your email programme. Please tell them in your own words tell them how you feel and ask them to vote against this bill on Thursday.
Here below is some information which may help you. (Thanks to Bob McCoskrie and Family First). Personal stories will have greater impact.
Contacting New Zealand First MP’s is the most critical as it has just been reported that Family First support for this legislation may be dependent on this legislation being subject to a National referendum at the next election.
THE MESSAGE (use your own wording and message):
* vote NO to decriminalising abortion
* human rights begin in the womb
* ending a child’s life is not healthcare
* these proposals will give the unborn child the same status as an appendix, tonsils or gall bladder
* the proposed law would make late-term abortions considerably more accessible, rather than for exceptional circumstances as currently required under the Crimes Act
* the proposed bill focuses entirely on women having a right to an abortion, but completely ignores both the status of the unborn child, and the wellbeing of the mother
* polling shows strong support for the unborn child having human rights and being legally protected once a heartbeat is detected, and only a small minority thinking that life doesn’t begin until the child is born
* only 4% of New Zealanders want more liberal time limits for abortion. The vast majority of New Zealanders also show strong support for a restrictive legal framework for accessing abortions
* no provisions are proposed to protect women from being coerced into an abortion. No provisions are proposed for requiring that women have the mental-health support they need before and after abortion, or that women are made fully aware of the risks of abortion, and of all of their options. There’s no proposal to prevent schools from taking young women for an abortion without parental knowledge, or to prevent sex-selective abortion
Use your own wording – and please (despite our anger and distress) be polite and respectful in your communication. Contact as many MPs as you have time for. (Individual emails are the most effective – especially if they’re your local MP). We’ve provided the email addresses both as individuals, but also to email all MPs in a particular party. SEE BOTTOM. AGAIN PLEASE SEND YOUR EMAILS NOW INDIVIDUAL NATIONAL MPs:
Amy Adams, Kanwaljit Singh Bakshi, Maggie Barry, Andrew Bayly, David Bennett, Paula Bennett, Dan Bidois, Chris Bishop, Simon Bridges, Simeon Brown, Gerry Brownlee, David Carter, Judith Collins, Jacqui Dean, Matt Doocey, Sarah Dowie, Andrew Falloon, Paulo Garcia, Paul Goldsmith, Nathan Guy, Joanne Hayes, Harete Hipango, Brett Hudson, Nikki Kaye, Matt King, Tutehounuku (Nuk) Korako, Barbara Kuriger, Denise Lee, Melissa Lee, Agnes Loheni, Tim Macindoe, Todd McClay, Ian McKelvie, Mark Mitchell, Todd Muller, Alfred Ngaro, Simon O’Connor, Parmjeet Parmar, Christopher Penk, Maureen Pugh, Shane Reti, Scott Simpson, Nick Smith, Stuart Smith, Erica Stanford, Anne Tolley, Louise Upston, Tim van de Molen, Nicky Wagner, Hamish Walker, Nicola Willis, Michael Woodhouse, Jian Yang, Lawrence Yule,
INDIVIDUAL LABOUR MPs:
Kiri Allan, Ginny Andersen, Jacinda Ardern, David Clark, Tamati Coffey, Liz Craig, Clare Curran, Kelvin Davis, Ruth Dyson, Paul Eagle, Kris Faafoi, Peeni Henare, Chris Hipkins, Raymond Huo, Willie Jackson, Anahila Kanongata’a-Suisuiki, Iain Lees-Galloway, Andrew Little, Marja Lubeck, Jo Luxton, Kieran McAnulty, Nanaia Mahuta, Trevor Mallard, Stuart Nash, Damien O’Connor, Greg O’Connor, David Parker, Willow-Jean Prime, Priyanca Radhakrishnan, Grant Robertson, Adrian Rurawhe, Deborah Russell, Jenny Salesa, Carmel Sepuloni,Aupito William Sio, Jamie Strange, Jan Tinetti, Rino Tirikatene, Phil Twyford, Louisa Wall, Angie Warren-Clark, Duncan Webb, Meka Whaitiri, Poto Williams, Michael Wood, Megan Woods
INDIVIDUAL NZ FIRST MPs:
Darroch Ball, Shane Jones, Jenny Marcroft, Ron Mark, Tracey Martin, Clayton Mitchell, Mark Patterson, Winston Peters, Fletcher Tabuteau
INDIVIDUAL GREEN MPs:
Marama Davidson, Julie Anne Genter, Golriz Ghahraman, Gareth Hughes, Jan Logie, Eugenie Sage, James Shaw, Chloe Swarbrick
President Right to Life NZ Inc.