Media Release 20 September 2018.
Jacinda Ardern is to be commended for making child welfare the eighth priority in her list of her government’s twelve priorities to be pursued during the years ahead.
Her noble pledge is “To make New Zealand the best place in the world to be a child.”
This is a wonderful objective and should have the full support of all New Zealanders. Her rhetoric is challenging, but it does not reconcile with her actions. She is claiming the mantle of mother of the nation and protector of children, but in reality, she is orchestrating the most unprecedented and devastating attack on our precious unborn children that this nation has ever seen. Her government approves and funds the killing of more than 12,000 innocent children every year in our Public Hospitals. Prime Minister, for these children, your pledge contains cruel and hollow words. Why are you in denial of the fact that the life of the child begins at conception? The blood of these children is on your hands and those of your government.
It is Jacinda Ardern who has coerced her self- interested government, which is more concerned with retaining political power, than defending the rights of the weakest and most defenceless members of the human family.
In deferential adulatory silence, they support her unprincipled determination to have the killing of unborn removed from the Crimes Act and to be made a “reproductive choice for women.” She has declared, without any evidence, that it is no longer a crime to kill an innocent and defenceless child in the womb. This is an appalling insult to the women of New Zealand.
If the Prime Minister really wants to make New Zealand the best place in the world to be a child she should implement the following policies:-
- Recognise that the most dangerous place for a child today is in its mother’s womb. Retain abortion in the Crimes Act and increase legal protection for the lives of our unborn and for their mothers who are the second victim of abortion.
- Recognise that every child has a right to the love and care of its mother and father by encouraging marriage exclusively between one man and one woman.
- Reduce child poverty by providing increased financial assistance to solo mothers who are struggling heroically in poverty to provide food, clothing and shelter for their children.
- Remove from schools Family Planning style comprehensive sex education which promotes promiscuity, unplanned pregnancies, abortions and STIs.
- Remove from schools the dangerous and false LGBT Inside Out programme which promotes gender confusion and the belief that the child has a right to choose whether it wants to be a girl or a boy.
Right to Life