Abortion supervisory Committee,
Dear Ms Melkiau
Official Information Act Request
The New Zealand Family Planning Association were issued a limited abortion licence for the performance of abortions at its Tauranga clinic in April 2013.
I wish to request under the Official Information Act the following information:
- The number of abortions performed at the Tauranga clinic?
- The number of requests for abortion that were declined by certifying consultants serving the Bay of Plenty District Health Board area since the commencement of abortions at the FPA clinic?
- The number of women who had an abortion at the Tauranga clinic who received pre- decision counselling?
- The number of women who had an abortion at the Tauranga clinic for whom a complication resulting from the abortion was reported by the operating surgeon?
- Is it a requirement that the Mifigyne RU 486 and the Misoprostol drugs be administered by, or in the presence of a registered medical practitioner?
- May women having an abortion at the Tauranga clinic take the prostaglandin, Misoprostol in their own home, as is the common practise in Britain?