Parliament does not have a mandate to redefine marriage to include same sex couples. This attempt at radical social engineering is bringing our Parliament into disrepute. This flawed and immoral bill should not be inflicted on our nation without a referendum. The promoters of this bill are asking the community to accept sodomy, anal and oral sex as marriage.
You are being asked to vote on this bill without being armed with the knowledge as to how this bill will impact our children and future generations. There has been insufficient consultation regarding the overall impacts of this bill and it is untenable that it should be being voted on in its present form. This is especially so given that many of those who wanted to be heard were not given the opportunity to do so.
We ask you to vote against this socially destructive bill at its second reading. There are many very important questions that have not been answered. (Following)
Marriage [Definition of Marriage] Amendment Bill
In the event that this Private Members Bill is passed by Parliament, there are several issues that require clarification. In the following circumstances would the refusal to provide a marriage/celebrant service be unlawful discrimination and a breach of the Human Rights Act?
- If a church refuses to recognise same sex marriage and refuses to hire church facilities for a wedding reception to a same sex married couple?
- If a caterer, florist, motelier or any other person refuse to provide commercial services for a same sex married couple?
It is assumed that in the event of the Bill being passed that the educational curriculum for schools will be amended to reflect the reality that same sex marriage is legally equivalent to heterosexual marriage.
- For Proprietors, Boards of Trustees, Principals and teachers who refuse to introduce curriculum changes to reflect the equality of same sex marriage with heterosexual marriage?
- For the above who refuse to allow books to be removed from school libraries that uphold marriage as being exclusively for one woman and one man and who also refuse to stock school libraries with books that teach or promote same sex marriage?
- For the above who refuse to allow persons to enter their schools or colleges for the purpose of teaching children that marriage has been redefined to include same sex marriages?
Would it be an offence for Churches to teach that homosexual actions are disordered and intrinsically immoral?
Will same sex couples both male and female be eligible for government funded IVF treatment?
Right to Life.