In May I circulated the “Prayer Alert” regarding the Court of Appeal held in May. At that time, the judges said there was nothing the Abortion Supervisory Committee (ASC) could appeal from Justice Miller’s recommendations made at the ’08 High Court case. This High Court hearing is the next step.
Date: Monday 20th July, probably from 10am to 1pm.
Before Justice Forrest Miller
Purpose: Declaratory Orders.
Right to Life will seek to have Justice Miller issue clear declaratory orders to the ASC setting out the statutory powers and duties of the ASC.
SOME PRAYER POINTS:
- Pray for great clarity, Holy Spirit led discussions, deliberations and decisions, and that agreement will be reached about what form these declarations are to take.
- Pray that Justice Miller, under the power of the Holy Spirit, and with the power and authority vested in him as a High Court judge, will issue very clear, undisputable, pro-life declarations, about which ASC and Right to Life and the lawyers are very clear. That these will astound with their accuracy and truth. They will set out the statutory powers and duties of the ASC and have the effect of declaring the law and the way in which it should be applied as set out in the fuller reasons given by Justice Miller in his judgment 2008.
This case is about declarations:
Declare the Word of God, e.g.
Ps 96:1-13 especially v3 “Declare His glory”.
Ps 106:2 “Who can…fully declare His praise?”
- Pray for the lawyers representing Right to Life.
- Pray that the process of justice will not be aborted at any stage, by any person, in any way.
- Pray concerning the probable steps following this case. The ASC could resurrect their appeal and Right to Life resurrect their cross-appeal from the May Court of Appeal action.
If either party do not like the orders from the High Court they could appeal these as well. ASC are likely to appeal.
The matters will be filed in the Court of Appeal and will be set down for a 2-day hearing either before the end of this year or early next year.
Thank you for praying,
Whistle 24/7 prayer regarding abortion.
ph(07) 847 5648