Whistle a branch of HealNZ 24/7 prayer is organising a specific prayer focus on Abortion in NZ. A 40 day session of prayer and fasting is being organised by Sue Rowe and the Whistle team from Hamilton between Friday 10th October to Tuesday 18th November.
The event is to be commenced with a regional Solemn Assembly between 10th to 12th October which will launch the 40 days.
The main reason for the dates are as follows:
- Here in Hamilton we are planning a regional Solemn Assembly 10-12 October, and we will launch the 40 days at 10am on 10th day of the 10th month.
- From 10pm that day we plan to hold a 10 hour candlelight vigil for the issue of abortion. (see below re number 10)
- The Lord said: "This (abortion) is of national importance, our nation is at stake. Like Joel call a holy fast."
- He gave the words "Spring, when the kings go to war." Another member of the Whistle team was given the words, "Take heed my people, the time is short, there’s an urgency." For these reasons we planned it Oct-Nov.
- The USA is focusing on abortion at this time so we can ‘ride on their coat tails’, spiritually.
- Lou Engle, USA, whose focus with young people is praying regarding abortion, gave a prophetic parallel of the book, now movie,
- Horton Hears a Who. This movie has been on in NZ this year. (Horton the elephant with his big ears hears what no one else can hear, and is prophetic of the Christian church and their call to hear the voice of the tiny Whos who live in Whoville. Horton’s line is "A person’s a person no matter how small".)
- The Right to Life High Court case has been before the NZ public recently and Parliament will be considering the Judge’s findings.
- Ian Wishart’s book has been printed recently and has a chapter on abortion.
- The Jewish Day of Atonement, the most solemn day of their year, is from sundown 9th Oct, to sundown 10th Oct.
- These dates are before and after the elections and we can pray for pro-life MPs to be elected who will make changes.
- One member of the team felt that to have made a spiritual stand before the elections was a good thing.
For more information contact Sue Rowe at firstname.lastname@example.org