"A Woman’s Right to Know" is a downloadable PDF document available to women who are considering an abortion. While it has been produced for woman in the State of Texas, the content is very suitable for NZ woman. The booklet details medical risks of abortion and possible side affects.
Recent Radio New Zealand Podcasts on the Abortion Issue
- Insight Sunday 29 June: Abortion
- In the light of a High Court decision, Insight asks whether the country’s abortion law needs rewriting. (from Insight on Radio New Zealand Radio New Zealand National)
- File Size:8.8MB
- Date: (Sun, 29 Jun 2008 08:15:04 +1200
- Stay Away From Abortion Issue’ Marian Hobbs
- Kiwi Party’s Larry Baldock has done the opposite by challenging the lawfulness of many abortions.
- Date: (Thu, 12 Jun 2008 07:51:00 +1200
- Politicians Cautious on Abortion Committee Judgment
- Dr Gillian Gibson of the Royal Australian New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists comments.
- Date: (Wed, 11 Jun 2008 07:52:00 +1200
- Abortion Decision (Part 2)
- Right to Life, hails a Judge’s challenge to the Abortion Supervisory Committee interpreting of the law as a victory.
- Date: (Tue, 10 Jun 2008 08:09:00 +1200
- Judge’s Abortion Decision
- A High Court judge says the lawfulness of many abortions being carried out is doubtful.
- Date: (Tue, 10 Jun 2008 07:10:00 +1200
Radio New Zealand will be featuring an interview with Ken Orr of Right to Life New Zealand, Gordon Copeland of The Kiwi Party and Margaret Sparrow, former prominent abortionist and President of ALRANZ, the Abortion Law Reform Association of NZ. The interview also will involve a woman who regrets an earlier abortion.
The subject of the programme will be 30 Years of Abortion in New Zealand.
The programme will begin on Sunday 29th at 8.12 am and will be repeated on Monday 30th at 9.06 am.
It may be available as a podcast for download following the programme by following this link
Shine TV has featured the recent High Court’s decision on Right to Life New Zealand’s case against the Abortion Supervisory Committee on its currrent affairs programme NZone.
link to You Tube video featuring the programme
Professor Donald Evans, director of Otago University’s Bioethics Centre, said yesterday that allowing social grounds for the sex selection of embryos during fertility treatment would be “winding the social clock back in New Zealand by at least a generation and a half”.
Garth George comments on Abortion in his Friday 20th June editorial in the New Zealand Herald.
Here is the link to the editorial
Right to Life in defence of life, is opposed to the recommendation of the Bioethics Council that parents have a right to choose the sex of their children. Sex selection through IVF and Pre Implantation Diagnosis is immoral and unethical. It is a further step towards designer babies, it is eugenics and constitutes a search and destroy mission.
Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists – Claim Abortion Law Upheld
Right to Life respectfully challenges the public statement of Dr Gillian Gibson, chairwoman of the Royal College that an audit of the lawfulness of abortions would not be of concern as an audit would prove that the law is being faithfully followed already. She went on to say; “What we have at the moment is a very safe and accessible service for women. It is a lawful service and legal abortions are being performed.” In the light of Justice Miller’s judgment this statement is challenged. Everybody has known for many years that the lawfulness of many abortions is questionable, why then does the Royal College pretend that the abortion laws are being upheld?
Right to Life is deeply disappointed at the 18,380 abortions reported for 2007. This is the second highest number of abortions reported in New Zealand. It is 450 more abortions than the 17,930 reported in 2,006.
Each abortion is a tragedy for the unborn child that is destroyed and for the mother who is the second victim of abortion. Abortion is the ultimate in domestic violence and in child abuse; women will not be safe until the law effectively protects them and their unborn.
TV One’s Willie Jackson will be interviewing Right to Life spokesperson Ken Orr on the topic of Euthanasia on the Eye to Eye programme (Sunday 15th June at 11.30 am). The interview will include discussion with Leslie Martin (Dignity New Zealand) and Jack Jones (Voluntary Euthanasia Society). The interview is bound to contain heated debate and air many of the arguments surrounding this important and controversial topic. Ken Orr will present arguments as to why NZ should never legalise the killing of it’s citizens, regardless of the seemingly humanitarian arguments that we now hear being put forward.