Right to Life Inc. is an incorporated society. We are a Pro-Life organisation based in Christchurch New Zealand with members New Zealand wide.
We are a secular organisation although most of our member are people of faith. Our objective is to protect the weak and vulnerable in our society, life who cannot defend themselves, from forces which do not recognise the sanctity of human life from conception until natural death. We seek to return our country to sanity with respect to the way we treat the vulnerable. Part of this process is working to ensure that our laws relating to the legal recognition of our unborn children’s right to life are being administered as intended. Unborn children are endowed by their Creator with an unalienable right to life. It is only relatively recently that our society, driven by a permissive worldview has rejected the right to life of our unborn child, in favour of personal autonomy.
This has led to a progressively damaged moral compass until we now have a situation where not only is abortion permitted effectively for any or indeed no reason but it is fully funded by government. This effectively makes us all as tax-payers complicit in the murder of our unborn.
Right to Life opposes what we term this ‘culture of death’ in favour of a ‘culture of life’. We seek to expose organisations such as NZ Family Planning, an affiliate of the notorious US Planned Parenthood and the Abortion Law Reform Association. Such organisations are wreaking-havoc on our society with agendas to undermine the traditional family, to promote abortion as a ‘human right’ and to undermine traditional gender roles.
Right to Life also works to oppose and expose the dangers of abortifacients such as the contraceptive pill, which recently has been shown to damage women emotionally and physically.
We work actively by political lobbying, education and by holding government bodies accountable for upholding the current laws.
We are working to see to law upheld as it applies to abortion, with the aim of obtaining legal protection for the right to life of all unborn children.
Once it became acceptable to kill unborn children in the womb it was only a matter of time before the right to kill at the other end of life would raise its head. Right to Life is now fighting to prevent the introduction of Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide. This may be a long and protracted battle as those who see killing as a solution to end of life problems, bring protracted assaults on the dignity of human life. Although Euthanasia has been rejected twice in our Parliament this hydra has many heads. Politicians such as Labour’s Maryan Street and ACT’’s David Seymour are at the forefront of pushing death as a solution to end of life suffering.
Such persons are at the very best totally misguided and we must fight decriminalisation with all our strength. If introduced, there will be no stopping the advance of this agenda. There are no safeguards that can ever protect the vulnerable from abuse as we have recently seen by the rapidly expanding range of persons, including the mentally ill, the autistic and those with dementia are now deemed eligible for euthanasia in countries such as Belgium and The Netherlands.
Other objectives of our society are to:
- Oppose Embryonic Stem Cell Research which destroys human beings at the embryo stage.
- Expose the harm that ‘Comprehensive Sex Education’ is doing in our schools and to promote Abstinence education programmes.
- Expose the LGBT agenda, which is a real threat to the traditional family and to civil society.
- Expose the ‘Hunt and Destroy’ mission that the New Zealand government is promoting and funding to destroy unborn children with Down Syndrome and other genetic conditions.
We work collaboratively with other Pro-life and Pro-traditional family organisations in New Zealand.
Right to Life New Zealand’s Footprints magazine and our website are our prime means of keeping our members and the public informed. We also have a Facebook and Twitter presence.
OR: Freepost No 133725 P O Box 668 Christchurch New Zealand Telephone: (03)385 6111
Right to Life New Zealand is the web site for Right to Life New Zealand (Inc), a Pro-Life organisation based in Christchurch NZ. Our objects are:
- To uphold and protect the inalienable God given right to life of all human beings from conception to natural death.
- To vigorously promote the statutory recognition of the unborn child as a human being endowed with an inalienable right to life.
- To encourage and promote study and research and the collection and dissemination of information on the moral, medical, legal, political and social implications of pregnancy and questions associated therewith.
- To inform and promote the public on the need for legal and other safeguard for protecting the rights of unborn children.
- To assist and promote the well-being of mothers, fathers and children, both before and after childbirth, and in particular those who face adverse circumstances.
- To co-operate with Government Departments, other organisations and individuals engaged in fostering respect for human life and in promoting social conditions which will provide the best opportunities for mothers and children.
- To work purposefully towards, the achievement of the realisable ideal of no abortions within our society.
- Right to Life New Zealand has over the last few years widened it’s area of concern to other important life issues such as Euthanasia, Physician Assisted Suicide, Embryonic Stem Cell Research, Human Cloning, and a range of important social issues, including Prostitution and the sexualisation of our nation’s children.