Right to Life Inc. is an incorporated society. We are a Pro-Life organisation based in Christchurch New Zealand with members New Zealand wide.
Right to Life New Zealand’s objectives are;
- To uphold and protect the inalienable God given right to life of all human beings from conception to natural death.
- To vigorously promote the statutory recognition of the unborn child as a human being endowed with an inalienable right to life.
- To encourage and promote study and research and the collection and dissemination of information on the moral, medical, legal, political and social implications of pregnancy and questions associated therewith.
- To inform and promote the public on the need for legal and other safeguard for protecting the rights of unborn children.
- To assist and promote the well-being of mothers, fathers and children, both before and after childbirth, and in particular those who face adverse circumstances.
- To co-operate with Government Departments, other organisations and individuals engaged in fostering respect for human life and in promoting social conditions which will provide the best opportunities for mothers and children.
- To work purposefully towards, the achievement of the realisable ideal of no abortions within our society.
- Right to Life New Zealand has over the last few years widened it’s area of concern to other important life issues such as Euthanasia, Physician Assisted Suicide, Embryonic Stem Cell Research, Human Cloning, and a range of important social issues, including prostitution, the sexualisation of our nation’s children through ‘Comprehensive Sex Education’, and the LGBT agendas which threaten traditional gender roles and the natural family.
We are a secular organisation although most of our member are people of faith. Our objective is to protect the weak and vulnerable in our society, those who cannot defend themselves, from forces which do not recognise their right to life. We believe in the sanctity of human life from conception until natural death. We seek to return our country to sanity with respect to the way we treat the vulnerable whether it be in the womb or at any other stage of life. Right to Life works to ensure that our laws relating to the legal recognition of our unborn children’s right to life are being administered as intended. Ultimately we look forward to the day when we see the end of the killing of all unborn children. These innocent lives have all been endowed by their Creator with an unalienable right to life. It is only relatively recently that our society, driven by a permissive worldview has rejected the right to life of our unborn child, in favour of personal autonomy.
Our society has an increasinlgy damaged moral compass. We now have a situation where not only is abortion permitted effectively for any or indeed no reason but it is fully funded by government. This effectively makes us all as tax-payers complicit in the murder of our unborn.
Right to Life recognises that there are many pressures on women who conceive a baby in an unplanned pregnancy. Killing as a solution is never right. There are thousands of childless couples longing to adopt a baby in New Zealand and because of poltically correct ideologies which have infiltrated our health system this option is no longer encourged. It should be, in all cases where the mother, for one reason or another cannot keep the child.
Right to Life opposes what we term this ‘culture of death’ in favour of a ‘culture of life’. We seek to expose organisations such as NZ Family Planning, an affiliate of the notorious US Planned Parenthood and ALRANZ the Abortion Law Reform Association. Such organisations are wreaking-havoc on our society with agendas whic promote abortion as a ‘human right, undermine both the traditional family, and traditional gender roles.
Right to Life also works to oppose and expose the dangers of abortifacients such as the contraceptive pill and the Jadelle implant, which have been shown to damage women not only emotionally but also physically.
We work actively by political lobbying, educating the public through media releases, letter and opinon piece articles in our daily newspapers. We hold government bodies accountable for upholding the current laws. Right to Life has in recent years been involved in a number of high profile court cases which have pursued the cause of defending the unborn child from the High Court as far as the Supreme Court.
We are working to see to law upheld as it applies to abortion, with the ultimate aim of obtaining legal protection for the right to life of all unborn children. The lie that abortion does not harm women has been perpetrated to keep this myth alive.
Once it became acceptable to kill unborn children in the womb it was only a matter of time before the right to kill at the other end of life would raise its head. Right to Life is now fighting to prevent the introduction of Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide. This may be a long and protracted battle as those who see killing as a solution to end of life problems, bring protracted assaults on the dignity of human life. Although Euthanasia has been previously rejected twice in our Parliament this hydra has many heads. Politicians such ACT’s David Seymour and Euthanasia activists are at the forefront of pushing death as a solution to end of life suffering. They appear totally ignorant of the danger that Euthanasia poses to the vulnerable in society.
Such persons are at the very best totally misguided. We must fight decriminalisation with all our strength. If introduced, there will be no stopping the advance of this agenda. There are and can never be safeguards that can ever protect the vulnerable from abuse. Euthanasia and PAS (Physician Assisted Suicide), have moved rapidly from being only for the terminally ill in overseas jurisdictions where they have been decriminalised. We have seen rapid expansion of the grounds making people eligible for being killed by their doctors. First it was available for those who were terminally ill and near death. Next it expands to the non terminal and those in very subjectively defined catergory of suffering intolerably. Those being killed by their doctors now include the mentally ill, the autistic and those with dementia, even without their own consent or knowledge. Even children who are born with disabilties, are now deemed eligible for euthanasia. The Netherlands seems on the verge of allowing Euthanasia for those who deem to have ‘completed life’. Right to Life sounds a clear warning that Euthanasia must never be allowed in our country.
Other objectives of our society are to:
- Oppose Embryonic Stem Cell Research which destroys human beings at the embryo stage.
- Expose the harm that ‘Comprehensive Sex Education’ is doing in our schools and to promote Abstinence education programmes.
- Expose the LGBT agenda, which is a real threat to the traditional family and to civil society.
- Expose the ‘Hunt and Destroy’ mission that the New Zealand government is promoting and funding to destroy unborn children with Down Syndrome and other genetic conditions.
We work collaboratively with other Pro-life and Pro-traditional family organisations in New Zealand.
Right to Life New Zealand’s Footprints magazine and our website are our prime means of keeping our members and the public informed. We also have a Facebook and Twitter presence.
OR: Freepost No 133725 P O Box 668 Christchurch New Zealand Telephone: (03)385 6111